Some people love riding a roller coaster. The feeling of “having their heart in their mouth” makes them thrilled and high on adrenaline. But have you heard of the ways which go through the clouds?
Today, let’s visit the most incredible and dangerous roads in the world. They overshadow even the coolest rides and leave people driving on them breathless and terrified.
Guoliang Tunnel, China 0:36
Maeklong Railway Market, Thailand 1:22
Yungas Road, Bolivia 1:58
Eyre Highway, Australia 2:47
The “Nose of the Devil” Railway, Ecuador 3:23
Pamban Railway Bridge, India 3:57
Karakoram Highway, Pakistan - China 4:35
Passage de Gois, France 5:12
Leh-Manali Highway, India 5:51
Tianmen Mountain Road, China 6:24
Road through Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia 6:53
Road through Skippers Canyon, New Zealand 7:34
The James W. Dalton Highway, Alaska, USA 8:22
“Train to the Clouds”, Argentina 9:21
- The Guoliang Tunnel is an amazing 0,7 mi (1.2 km) long mountain road in China. The story of its creation is unbelievable! Before its construction there had been a very dangerous path with narrow steep stairs which didn’t have any handrails.
- The sellers take their goods away and fold their tents in seconds, giving way to the train which moves at a speed of about 9 mi/h (15 km/h). This is the reason the market is sometimes called Talat Rom Hoop which means “Market Umbrella Close”.
- Yungas Road (also called Death Road) connects Bolivian cities of La Paz and Coroico. It descends from the height of 2 miles to 1,181 ft (3,300 to 360 m) above sea level. Despite the fact that the road is very narrow, even trucks manage to pass each other.
- If you look at this highway, you will surely ask, “So what is so dangerous on this straight road?” Right, this is the longest straight road in the world with the length of about 994 miles (1,600 km)!
- The “Nose of the Devil” railway is built on the rock which has the same name. It was called this way because people believed that Devil didn’t want a railway to pass through that place - that’s why so many deaths occurred among the people who built the road.
- Pamban is India’s first sea bridge built in 1914. It connects the mainland part of India with the island which has the same name. In 1964 there was a storm which hit the island. It overturned a passenger train and all 150 people who were inside died.
- At 807,7 miles (1,300 km) long, Karakoram is considered the world’s most high-altitude international highway. One of its sections passes at the altitude of more than 15,091 ft (4,600 m).
- This is the road between the island of Noirmoutier and mainland France. This passage seems quite common, doesn’t it? It is, until you get to know that to drive along it, you will need to know the schedule of the tides! In fact, the road is approachable only twice a day - before and right after the low tide.
- Leh-Manali Highway runs through several high mountain passes. It is located at the altitude of 13,034 to 16,404 ft (4 to 5 km). This road is extremely narrow, covered with dirt and gravel, but this doesn’t prevent local drivers from zooming through at high speeds.
- This road leads to the top of Tianmen Mountain where a Buddhist temple is situated. It is only 6.8 miles (11 km) long but it can boast 99 bends with the distance between some of the curves less than 656 ft (200 m)!
- The highway which runs through the dried Solar de Uyuni is located at the altitude of 11,811 ft (3,650 m) above sea level. Local landscapes are so unusual that they can be taken for some extraterrestrial grounds!
- This road was built in 1880s and it is a true wonder of engineering. The construction took only 5 years and it has remained mostly unchanged since then! This amazing passage has numerous holes, cliffs, steep descents and sharp bends.
- Only 108,7 miles (175 km) of this 413,8 miles (666 km) highway are covered with bitumen, the rest of the way you have to drive on gravel. Tough weather conditions, winds, unexpected changes from 2 to 4 lanes and back, poor visibility have made this road particularly deadly.
- If you decide to make a 15-hour train journey, be ready to pass through 21 tunnels, 42 bridges and viaducts, 2 spirals and 2 more zigzags on the 134,8 mi (217 km) road! This railway is one of the highest in the world, its top point (at the end of the line) is situated at the altitude of 13,780 ft (4,200 km).
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit:
due to back ground music it is very difficult to view this video. pls remove the back ground music.
Mindimoo M (1 day ago)
Is there nowhere else that they can put that market?
K. De. (3 days ago)
I would be afraid of the enormous weight of the train on the mountain side tracks making the earth give way to landslides.
Luke Oliver (4 days ago)
False info in number 11
Tomáš M (4 days ago)
Steve Gibson (5 days ago)
Does anyone know the name of that tune?
Kush Hunter (6 days ago)
Heritage Unit 1943 (7 days ago)
That thumbnail is SOOOOO misleading Train tracks are NOT Roads
Or are they? 🤔
Magda Farquharson (11 days ago)
Broadway Boys in concert (11 days ago)
What named music used!
DJ_Fishtail (11 days ago)
When you watch the video after driving along Number 3 a ton of times...
naturalpn7 (12 days ago)
A speechless view or my life....such a hard decision
Garacha222 (12 days ago)
these are all stills. Where's video?
The Unknown Religion (13 days ago)
I live in Pakistan . pakistan's enemy is india.
Railfan Bryan (14 days ago)
On #1: 4200km high? Last I checked that would put you in space lol.
JustCaden (15 days ago)
I know yall tried to make it look like a moving pic, but the pics beeing zoomed in and distorted just gave me eye cancer.
Kaythree Fox (15 days ago)
The picture morphing is incredibly nauseating.
Drew Rowley (16 days ago)
Where is clinton road
GrrMeister (17 days ago)
Never mind Speechless - 200 to 300 are killed every year, that would sure make them Speechless ! (2:35)
Kayedette Antonio (18 days ago)
when it's are younatednashon my costume is india T-T
Zeynab Mohammed (18 days ago)
hello kitty said bye
Animation4life (19 days ago)
kragseven (20 days ago)
You can't drive on a RR, you ride on a RR
NipkowDisk (21 days ago)
I appreciate the fact that both U.S. Customary and Metric units are given!
beoec (23 days ago)
Eyre High way is the most dangerous🚨🚨🚨🚨
beoec (23 days ago)
Eyre High way is the most dangerous one🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔
Jeremy wheeler (24 days ago)
For someone who can't count he sure does use 666mi reference a lot!hmmm coinsedense or something more?
Gacha Fruit (24 days ago)
The water bridge with the train is very very scary 😱
Adddagulla Sathyanarayana (24 days ago)
EXTRAODINERY VEDIO COVEIRNG VERY VERY RISKY ROUTS AROUND THE WORLD.THANKS TO THE PRODUCER OF THE VEDIO.THANK YOU.LETS SEE & DO AN ENGINEERING OPERATIONS IN OUR LOCAL AREAS.
renemy directo (27 days ago)
Yay es dat we not go☺
Laurice Wathen (27 days ago)
Sílver EST (27 days ago)
I don’t drive.
My dad does.
Fool Edits (27 days ago)
Thats... a railway. Not a road.
wodeya eric (29 days ago)
Oh my God! This world is just amazing.
Pedro Gonga (1 month ago)
Where is " Serra da Leba" in Angola?
TheDisgruntledMelancholic Woman (1 month ago)
Thanks for sharing, I had no clue... the things our brothers and sisters go through...
Gregorio Toralballa (1 month ago)
Selenza Romanhood (1 month ago)
The effects In the beginning hurt my eyes
Alex Green (1 month ago)
Lord Yeshua HaMashiach Is Coming Soon (1 month ago)
Lord Jesus Christ is coming soon Brother
John Sheperd (1 month ago)
99.99% of the many humans that have predicted the end is near, the end will be on xx/yy/zzzz or the lord is coming soon or the lord is coming on xx/yy/zzzz and etc. are long dead and gone and proven wrong. The .01% still alive are practicing the definition of insanity. Soon enough they will join the 99.99%. Why would someone practice insanity on purpose? Guess they crave the attention in any way they can get it. Just saying---
Jade Phan (1 month ago)
Im sacerd of crazy ride
KDrawDraw (1 month ago)
Wow these roads are crazy
Chinthaka Jayakody (1 month ago)
Glenn Wall (1 month ago)
Thanks been on several of these and found out you can cure fear by the end of one year on these I did not even care about how high or close to the edge "Oh look we only have one truck tyre on the road the others in space lol madness true but real fun AFTER when you look back.
subodh pangeni (1 month ago)
plz add nepali high way
Brian Poston (1 month ago)
This is really one of the best apps you can download it's and app that's keeps on giving.I would rate this app a 10 stars if there was a rating of 10 Stars it would go to this app. J.Brian.P.
Larry B. (1 month ago)
The Causal (1 month ago)
that's a train
SAFAL KAFLE (1 month ago)
hey bro once check out nepals road
Chonbemo Patton (1 month ago)
Unliked bcuz no video no fun
Mr.Dominic Animation (1 month ago)
no i ben at thailand they take all the food and fruits back in !! nice and hot too :)
Douglas Ekholm (1 month ago)
Thanks for views I probably would otherwise not have seen!!! I appreciate the coverage
Leah Anthony (1 month ago)
He keeps saying 666 km or 666 ft 😂
Gerhard Petersen (1 month ago)
Blimey - last time I drove the Eyre Highway the straight section was 146km (91miles) . I wasn't aware that the straight section was now 1600km. Must be the spinning of the earth that is doing that. It probably caused Everest to be more than 10 times its actual height as well?
Chris Wade (1 month ago)
Again another you tube video that has the most annoying and senseless soundtrack. I can’t even concentrate on the... IS THAT A WHISTLE?
HerrKaleu777 (2 months ago)
Nice video! How did you do those perspective FX starting at 0:20? Looks really cool. Just curious :) ...
Jermain Andrew (2 months ago)
What happens on the road in France when your car breaks down?
in my class we have diffrent groups names of Country's and mine is ecuador
Cool Dude (4 days ago)
C Sackett (2 months ago)
His voice sounds weird
mod apks (2 months ago)
I see karakoram highway
It is really dangerous
Around The World (2 months ago)
India is home to most dangerous road due to geographical conditions.
War Robots Daesarul The pro (2 months ago)
The tianmen mountain road looks like the great wall of china buried in soil
War Robots Daesarul The pro (2 months ago)
Open canal is dangerous too
かずよさん (2 months ago)
DO Clinton rode
PSA de Lachute (2 months ago)
On your next video, TRY using proper English ! The title for this one should have been : «14 roads ON WHICH you would never want to drive.» Never, ever, EVER end a sentence with a PREposition. No excuse for BAD ENGLISH !!! (( Après tout, je suis Canadien-Français. ))
Akibu Yusuff (1 month ago)
It is correct to have preposition at the end of relative clause. However, it is less formal.
al rodrigues (1 month ago)
And I know you liked your own comment
BOT Opie (2 months ago)
Believe me, I can find 14 roads in Quebec that are worse than these
ilja & Persi (2 months ago)
BOT Opie can you describe how bad they are?
Tank Engine 75 (3 months ago)
Clickbait Railways Are Not Roads
Roads Are For Cars
Railways Are For Trains
EthanLego461 (3 months ago)
Roads you would never want to drive on
*thumbnail shows train tracks*
Forty Foot Road (3 months ago)
Uh, there are some roads in Newark, NJ that I am more scared of than any of these.
YN WA (3 months ago)
I think nepal's karnali highway should have been included
Cheska Pierre Reyes (3 months ago)
Don’t press read more
Hi bye 👋
Jay Kumar (3 months ago)
Ooty,India which has a dangerous roads and many Hair pin bends. should have added it in your video. check if you want.
robert webb (4 months ago)
It's not a video, just a series of pictures
82 Luft (4 months ago)
Try driving on the mountain roads in Haiti. You take your life in your hands. I don't know how the local "Tap Tap" buses do it.
Alex Saucedo (4 months ago)
Star Edu School (4 months ago)
I have gone to leh manali road
tzzogg (4 months ago)
wow. well done
Omar Eldamsheety (4 months ago)
Costisor Dorin (4 months ago)
All this publicity from YouTube show how hungry are the people about money . YouTube : you exaggerate !
Carl The Brit in The Philippines (4 months ago)
You would not want to drive on any of the roads here in the Philippines, they are so dangerous, and even more dangerous for pedestrians... Carl